01942 878 606
07725 130 277
Terms and Conditions
Please see below our booking terms and conditions. ‘The Hirer’ is the person or persons named on the booking form. ‘The Company’ is Bridgewater Cruises representing Bridgewater Heritage Boat Company as one entity.
1)A booking is only confirmed once the completed booking forms along with a of deposit of £100.00 of the Hire Charge has been received by the Company. The balance of the Hire Charge is payable 7 days prior to the departure date.
2)The hirer is liable for the whole of the balance of the hire fee, even though the hirer may be prevented from taking up the booking. However, under such circumstances, the company will endeavour to re-let the vessel. If successful, the hirers will forfeit the deposit.
3) Whilst the company will endeavour to operate the cruise as advertised, no liability will be accepted for any cancellation, breakdown or unpunctuality however caused. In the event of the company cancelling the trip, all monies paid by the hirer will be returned in full and the hirer will have no further claim against us.
4) We reserve the right to vary the trip for any reason at the discretion of the master, who shall be in full charge of the vessel during the trip. The hirer must accept the master's decisions as to sailing times etc.
5) Party leaders must ensure that passengers keep heads, arms, etc completely in the vessel at all times. The proprietors will not be responsible for any damage to, or loss of passenger’s property.
6) A passenger is defined by law as "any person over one year of age."
7) The hirer will be held liable for any damage caused by passengers to the vessel or its contents.
The company insures the boat and its equipment in the the event of loss or damage. The company also insures against public liability claims. The Company insurance does not cover personal accident, loss or damage to personal effects. Hirers are advised to take out their own personal insurance cover.
Up to two pets are welcome onboard at your own risk, however they must be house trained and must not be allowed on any furniture.
The Company provides car parking free of charge, However we do not accept liability for any damaged caused..
Brochures are as accurate as possible at the time of going to press. We cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies or changes.
This is not a party boat for groups looking for an alcohol fuelled day out, but a skippered outing to enjoy the Bridgewater Canal.
It is for your safety, the crew, boat and other canal users that we only allow alcohol onboard in moderation. Excessive loading of alcohol is not permitted.
The skipper has the right to end the trip at any point without a refund if he deems anyone onboard intoxicated.